Saturday 9 May 2015

Dance of the Himalayas

Stranded en route
half way through
Everest my sweetheart
thrice I have wooed

Fourth time it was
I was bubbling with confidence
the mountain shook under my feet
and a blizzard took away half our team

When the view cleared what we saw
peaks shaking like a pack of cards
ice walls huge and vast
came crashing down with noise and blast

The mind froze
and with it our confidence
the ice cracked with lightening speed
when one may slip and sink into it

Himalayas the crown of earth
sunbeams spread whiteness enough
who says they are invincible
I saw them dance from close enough

Humans are highly vulnerable
and so are all creatures who inhabit the earth
but humanity I found stood like a wall
it prevailed over the Himalayas and snatched us from death! 

No comments:

Post a Comment