Wednesday 7 May 2014

Dialogue with self

If you catch me by the neck
Or hold my breath
What do you get
A body lifeless

If you slap me hard
Or break my bones
For I speak the truth
Which you can't digest

If you shout at me
Or call me names
I can understand
How pitiable is your state

When I confront you
You turn away
If I am wrong
Prove it right away

Whether you are right or not
It is not for you to judge
State the facts as they are
And leave it to others to draw the inference

When I see you
And say not a word
That troubles you more
For you feel guilty at your core

I challenge you
You challenge me
Yet we hold our hands in a friendly way
We are humans first, opinions come not in our way

We meet and discuss
But not the things attributed to us
Let the world break its head over it
While we spend a few moments in peace

Peace is what we all desire
Let all arguments between us cease
Our quarrelsome selves be left at the door
So that we meet each other in peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment