Friday 10 October 2014

Protect the children

A child I am
Not a teen
A mind I have
But not so deep

Vulnerable I am
Enemies on all sides
My parents breathe not free
As I play outside carefree

Whom can I trust
And whom I can't
What is right
And what is not

Sermons come plenty
From all sides
They confuse me more
I put them aside

My age is to play
Merry I make
Twist and shake
Evil stalks round the way

I am kidnapped
And sold
Made to beg
On the road

I am trafficked
And violated
Change hands
Countless many

I am filmed
And exposed
Many a time
In live shows

I work for a pittance
Wash utensils polish boots
Like a bonded labor
Becomes my childhood

All this I endure
In fear and isolation
No help in sight
And nowhere to go

If I muster the courage
But where is the support
Nay, now I have a hope
In one who cares and supports

He has the courage to fight
Many will join on his side
He does a noble service
And makes our future bright

Exploit not the children
Perverted minds
Hell shall be let loose
And there shall be no respite

Wake up brothers and sisters
And don't sit tight
And protect the innocent children
From the prying eyes!

2 comments:

  1. Kailash Satyarthi truly deserved the Nobel Peace Prize for the great social work he is doing doing to eliminate the evils of child labor and child trafficking !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ram,
    Yes, he is truly deserving and has already done a lot . May god bless him and his works.

    ReplyDelete