Thursday 9 October 2014

A dogword

A police dog a labrador
Well trained but did my part
Deadly things I sniffed and sensed
Drugs,explosives and bombs

I was so blessed and thank my stars
My talents flourished as I slogged
Working hard and round the clock
My sixth sensed my time was short

What I changed was the thoughts and hearts
An animal is no less when given a chance
I was lucky to be a police dog
Rest you saw that I needn't talk

They say I saved lives too many
And that I was no ordinary dog
But a soul elevated in animal form
Think whatever as I depart

I thank my stars I was born a dog
The things I did I did as a dog
This dogword I say as I rise above
Do your part well and quick before comes a fullstop!

2 comments:

  1. Every dog has his day ! A lab is a wonderful and friendly pet to have at home ! More loyal than humans !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ram,
    Absolutely true. I totally agree with you.
    Thanks and with Regards/ Vinod

    ReplyDelete