Monday 15 September 2014

Why are you so good

Why are you so good
That I am jealous of you
Even if I try as much
I come nowhere near you

I shout and I burn
Belittle you and rub
What are you made of
Like snow you shine much

Wherever you go, thorns I sow
And weeds too in the field that you plough
But you come out unscathed
Where do the weeds and thorns go

I spit out venom and nothing more
Deadly my sting and what I swear and vow
My friendship is among demons
And all goodness I abhor

What has become of me
That I hate myself to the core
Nothing good comes out of me
I reap what I sow

What use is to fret
And feel smaller too
My own frustration I spill out
And feel lowly too

I shall be me and my inspiration thee
The demons shall not come near me
Washing out poison they have filled in me
Goodness I shall cherish that is abundant in thee

My friend is so good
And I see goodness from close
As he watches my steps
I feel reassured!

No comments:

Post a Comment