Monday 31 March 2014

If I were not me

Who shall I be
If I were not me
For thee are thee
Only I am not me

What happens to all that
When I had been me
And where shall I begin
With no past in new me

Whom I knew earlier
Shall not now know me
Stranger in my own home I become
Though I look only me

In mid race I join thee
Nothing to look back
Alien to one and all
A spectacle I shall be

If one's memory is washed away for good
What can he do  and poor thee
But to start afresh with a heavy heart
One blank and to others past memories haunt

Sans memories, does it matter
If I were me or not me
And thee a new thee
All make a new beginning whatever it shall be

Isn't it like that in real life too
When civilisations are wiped out complete
Newness comes replete with new wonders
Life is either interconnected or isolated at his Will

If I were not me
Or whatever I would have been
It matters to me, but does it matter to thee , just ponder
But be rest assured, He loves us all whatever we are or have been!




No comments:

Post a Comment