Sunday 1 June 2014

Nightfall

The gentle breeze
Cool and sweet
It blows right there
Where my beloved meets

Take me along
Over the hills
Past the stream
And through the corn fields

Hurry and hurry
As the night falls
She waits all evening
But before nightfall

Drop me therefore
Right at her door
I shall plead with her
But she may not open the door

With a thud I fell at her door
But she didn't open the door
When I turned, I slipped and fell
The noise of which, made her open the door

What happened thereafter is beyond my thoughts
She took me inside, and rubbed my soles
She changed me with whatever she had
She cleaned me, sponged me and balmed my sores

She gave me a potion bitter and hot
Which I took and slept hard
She tended me gently all night long
When I woke up, she greeted me with a voice soft

But soon she set me on my way back home
A long distance to go, and breeze of no help
As I went, a thought struck me hard
What all she did to me, it was after nightfall!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment