Thursday 20 February 2014

Vote


I have a right to vote
To buy food I have no dough
Vote can make my day though
With loaf and bottle they approach

Bribe they unabashedly so
Making an innocent also a rogue
For a day only that may be though
Vote like a commodity in election is sold

Shall I sell my conscience for a loaf
And carry the guilt like an ulcer sore 
Elections may come and elections may go
Will they not leave such ulcers festering  more

Value is the same for your or my vote
But inequality glaring is in what we hold
Thin air , jewels, gems or shining gold
Bread is my worry,  your chests overflow

I shall maintain sanctity of my vote
Without work and family to support
No blemish I want to carry on my soul
With a clean heart I shall cast my vote! 







No comments:

Post a Comment