Monday 28 December 2015

A stray dog

No pet but a stray dog
shooed away wherever I pass
but a small cluster where I stopped
people there had a big heart
they fed me and let me live
in a corner that became my home.
At night I sensed something unusual
a stranger whose intent appeared not right
I approached from behind and barked at him
but he stabbed me with a knife and hurried away.
That confirmed my suspicion that he was out to kill or steal
so I ran after him and grasped his leg with my sharp teeth
he attacked me with the knife again and again
but his leg I didn't leave.
In the commotion that followed
my benefactors were woken from sleep
they held the thief by the collar and beat him blue.
I retreated to my corner
bleeding and in much pain
but I was happy that I did my bit
to return the favor my benefactors did to me.
Would any one risk his life
and confront a man with a brandished knife
life is dear to man and dog
but he risked his life, this stray dog
that no harm may come
to those who lived nearby
for they were angels to him with a big heart
and he did what he could under the circumstance!










No comments:

Post a Comment