Sunday 15 February 2015

What the master says

Come close to me
and hear what I say
It's a path I show
lest you go astray

I have walked miles
and sore are my feet
But I invite you to come
and sit with me

Closeness brings warmth
and familiarity too
Come close to me
grounded in your roots

A master is a master
He may be friendly too
Keep him in reverence
but maintain a distance too

Listen with your heart
and an open mind
Every word from the master
opens a door to divine

Some are close to the master
but they don't learn
Attention is what they seek
yet are not attentive to him

When one is closer to another
He is himself and another
One who retains his originality
he is his own master and none other

A true disciple is dear to his heart
But the master soon sends him far
To teach others as he taught
the wisdom thus passes far and on!



No comments:

Post a Comment